Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: tensioner adjustment screw not tightening  (Read 428 times)

Panopticon

• View Profile
tensioner adjustment screw not tightening
« on: December 02, 2012, 09:54:29 PM »
Hey there, I'm going through Jit's build and I've just completed adding the first synchromesh cable and tightening it on the Y-axis. I'm having a little bit of trouble though getting the  tensioner adjustment screw to tighten into the plastic parts (one being that small semi-circular bit) that the cable wraps around. The tensioner screw comes in and out off the hole with no force applied, I tried giving it some pressure when attempting to screw it in to make the final tightening adjustment to the cable but it's not tightening at all. In some pictures I've noticed there is a nut on attached to the other side of the  tensioner adjustment screw, some pictures it's not there, is a nut required on the other end for it to tighten? What model of screw goes into those plastic parts so I can be sure, I've a kit that didn't come with a bill of materials.

3dmotyl

• View Profile
Re: tensioner adjustment screw not tightening
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 10:18:56 PM »
Yes, there is a nut.  It is a fairly long screw, ~30mm, and black with a 2mm hex head.  I hope this helps.

Panopticon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 10:48:43 PM »
That did it! Thanks! All tight now.

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:54:12 AM »
The page has been amended to mention that nut.  Thanks for the heads-up.
Bukobot Duo v1

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines