Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Settings for Kisslicer  (Read 226 times)

Lwanmtr

• View Profile
Settings for Kisslicer
« on: April 07, 2014, 01:31:06 AM »
Im wondering if there are any settings files for Kisslicer?

Or maybe someone can suggest a good free 64bit slicer? 

Thanks

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
Re: Settings for Kisslicer
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 08:09:45 PM »
Kisslicer can be used, but you'd have to make your own settings for it. We haven't experimented with it enough to distribute profiles.

What is your goal in looking for a 64-bit native slicer, speed? Slic3r's speed has more to do with the fact that large parts of it are written in python instead of C (still a huge improvement over skeinforge, which I believe is all python). Cura is all C is extremely fast, and we have been experimenting more with that. I hope to have Cura profiles ready do distribute soon.

Lwanmtr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:22:07 PM »
I was trying to slice at .05 and slic3r kept bombing on memory
Slice3r is pretty fast (if you turn off 'avoid crossing perimiters'..otherwise on larger builds it takes a couple hours.

I just downloaded Cura and am looking at it.  Looks good..if you can get some profiles, that would be cool.

PIMC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 06:19:16 PM »
Yes, I use KisSlicer on every part...It is very fast and easy to use.  I would be glad to provide or settings for PLA as soon as we receive our new Bukobot in about three weeks or so...and test it then...

Thanks B

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines