Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Bukobot v2 Xstop adjustment issue  (Read 130 times)

cflanaga

• View Profile
Bukobot v2 Xstop adjustment issue
« on: February 21, 2014, 07:50:03 PM »
Hi There,
I received my bukobot v2 dual in October '13. However, I am finally sitting down to start it up and build with it. However, I cannot get the xstop to stay in place. Is anyone else having this issue? The small diameter machine screw with superfine threads doesn't seem to 'grab' well when screwed directly into the 3D printed plastic assembly. My home keeps moving everytime the carriage bumps into the stop to home it.
See
http://bukobot.com/_media/bukobotv2:img_4504.jpg?w=900&tok=f1863a

Has anyone else run into this problem and come up with a solution?

thanks,
Colleen

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
Re: Bukobot v2 Xstop adjustment issue
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 02:40:53 AM »
A couple of people have been a little overzealous tightening down the 10mm M3 screw and stripped the threads in the plastic. The hole is deep enough for to use a 12mm screw, so the simplest solution is usually to replace the screw with one that will reach past the stripped threads. If all else fails, you could always switch the two X end pieces. We've recently removed this adjustment in favor of a fixed endstop that is a little simpler.

cflanaga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion on the 12mm m3 screw - I will give that a try. Also - I was wondering if you could elaborate a bit on the simpler fixed x endstop that you have employed?

Colleen

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 07:37:11 PM »
Pretty simple, if the single-extruder machines are built with the extruder in the far-right position (as the instructions now say to do), the endstop adjustment is no longer necessary, so the endstop is now mounted in a fixed position rather than a sliding adjuster. This combined with the slightly wider glass we've started supplying makes the build a bit simpler and reduces the number of possible errors.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines