Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Questions about Bukito  (Read 666 times)

lornetw

• View Profile
Questions about Bukito
« on: February 17, 2014, 01:45:05 AM »
Hi. I don't know where to post this question, because there doesn't yet seem to be a blog section for the Bukito (I am sure this will change in the future).

Because the Bukito is Open Source, I have decided to make my own (slightly modified) version.

I am teacher in a trade school in Anjou (Montreal), Quebec. I teach CNC programming (manual programming and with MasterCAMx7) and CNC machining. At our school we have 8 CNC milling machines and 7 CNC lathes. I want to build a 3D printer for when I retire (and if it works, one for the school).

Since most of the parts seem to be sourced from "http://openbuildspartstore.com", I was able to start on the 3D drawing (using MasterCAMx7) before the Open Source would be available (they're not yet available as of 2014/02/16). If I can figure out how to include .PNG and .STL files in a blog post, I will.

Here are my questions :

1) What controller is the Bukito using? I asked Panucatt which controller they would be selling for the Bukito on December 2nd   last year and I got this answer :

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
Re: Questions about Bukito
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 03:36:32 AM »
 I think your post got cut off, but to answer your first question, we're using a custom Azteeg X2 from Panucatt. The board is based on the At90USB1286 and uses a unique ribbon cable breakout system that we designed in cooperation with Panucatt to make the wiring of the Bukito exceptionally clean and tidy.

lornetw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:16:22 PM »
Your right, my post got cut in half. Thanks for really quick reply ! Here

lornetw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 12:20:21 PM »
Why do my posts keep getting cut off? It only shows 1 line
Thanks for really quick reply ! Here

lornetw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »
1) Now that I know it is an Azteeg X2

lornetw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 10:23:20 PM »
I guess I'll have to ask my questions, one line at a time! See my next posts

lornetw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 10:24:18 PM »
Now that I know it is an Azteeg X2

lornetw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 10:25:30 PM »
Oh, man ! I can't even post a complete sentence !   HELP !

lornetw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 10:38:20 PM »
see attached text file

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 11:39:57 PM »
There are strange characters in your text file right after the spots where your posts are getting cut off, the forum system must be choking on them.

The X2s we have are earmarked for filling Bukito orders, and we probably won't have them for sale separately any time soon. This custom version will probably not be available directly from Panucatt, though it's my understanding that a version without our customizations sill be available at some point. Our version requires a set of special breakout boards designed by me, and if you're DIYing a machine, you're probably better off using a more generic controller like the aforementioned un-customized Azteeg X2 (not yet available) or an X1, even a printrboard. Any of these will have connector options that are easier to adapt to your build than our specialized wiring system.

There isn't a wiring diagram for our wiring system because all of the wires are pre-routed and can't be plugged in any other way. If you use one of the other boards, you'll want to use it's diagram.

You should not call your machine a Bukito, but rather a Bukito derivative.

None of our printed or lasercut parts would not work if they were made of metal instead, though some of the shapes would have to be modified to be produced by subtractive methods.

lornetw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 03:40:13 AM »
Thanks for your reply. What's funny is that I've sent posts directly from the blog (like this reply) and some I cut and pasted using Notepad so I don't know where the funny characters are coming from . Thank you for the information.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines