Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Azteeg X3 Onboard Power  (Read 182 times)

Hippo

• View Profile
Azteeg X3 Onboard Power
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:36:41 PM »
I've got the system up and running.  I'm using a Raspberry Pi with Octoprint to manage the printer.  This way I don't have to keep my laptop connected all the time. 

However, the Raspberry Pi is meant to be powered on all the time, and that leaves the X3 powered on all the time.  That doesn't seem right.  So, I switched the jumper to internal power.  The board does now go on and off with the power supply, but nothing else does.  The fans don't run, and the steppers won't move.  When I put the jumper back to USB, everything returned to normal.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks,
Dan

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
Re: Azteeg X3 Onboard Power
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:48:39 PM »
I'm not understanding what's going on. Are you saying that when you switch your power selection jumper to INT, your 12V devices (fans, motors, heaters) all stop working, but they work when the jumper is on USB? Because that shouldn't be possible...

Hippo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 10:53:04 PM »
You got it.   When the 12v supply is on, and the jumper is on USB, everything works.   When the 12V supply is on and the jumper is on INT, only the board works, nothing else.

Weird huh.  I've gone back to the USB setting for now.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 11:27:32 PM »
As I mentioned, that shouldn't be possible. You wouldn't get power to those devices, though, if you left off the shield board that covers up the power selection jumper, or somehow put it on misaligned (though it probably wouldn't fit any other way). Try it again and make sure that the shield board is properly seated.

Hippo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 11:35:41 PM »
That must have been it.  I switched it again, this time being extremely careful to make sure the shield was well seated, and everything came back to life.

Thanks!
Dan

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines