Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [solved] Can't connect to Azteeg x2 on Windows 7 - Driver Issue  (Read 244 times)

Khule

• View Profile
[solved] Can't connect to Azteeg x2 on Windows 7 - Driver Issue
« on: February 08, 2014, 05:46:43 PM »
[solved] - Changing to the correct driver worked

When I plug in the Bukito into my computer, it does not find the driver because the VID and PID do not match the driver linked on the website (I have an Azteeg x1).  The Bukito's VID and PID are 16c0 and 0483, respectfully, and the driver is looking for a VID and PID of 0403 and 6001, respectfully.  5.1 of the following link is my exact problem:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/AppNotes/AN_119_FTDI_Drivers_Installation_Guide_for_Windows7.pdf

I've even tried editing the driver file to include the current VID and PID values, but I have not found a workaround yet - keep getting BSOD from everything I've tried, and can't seem to connect enough to the Azteeg to change it myself.  Wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what else I could try.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:07:19 PM by Khule »

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
Re: Can't connect to Azteeg x1 on Windows 7 - Driver Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 10:31:24 PM »
The Bukito has an Azteeg X2, which does not use the FTDI driver. I thought we had already updated the page to reflect that, but I guess the update got misplaced. I

Khule

• View Profile
Re: Can't connect to Azteeg x1 on Windows 7 - Driver Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:50:16 PM »
[solved]

thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:07:42 PM by Khule »

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines