Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Buko 2 is now assmbled and ready to Print...  (Read 207 times)

Jeffster

• View Profile
Buko 2 is now assmbled and ready to Print...
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:13:47 PM »
I have assembled my Buko, loaded PLA into one of the extruders (the one closest to the azteegX3 board), downloaded the drivers and software, connected my PC via USB, opened "Repetier-Host" and have loaded a sample stl file. The temperature of the bed and nozzle are showing up in the software at about 18C (which is not warm to the touch). The software sees the printer but nothing happens when I click 'run'. Is there something else I should be doing?

fiya

• View Profile
Re: Buko 2 is now assmbled and ready to Print...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 12:43:18 AM »
Have you checked that you are using the right COM port and clicked "Connect" in Repetier-Host? Any error messages?

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »
You mentioned loading an STL, but you didn't mention slicing it. Did you forget that step?

Jeffster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 08:43:07 PM »
Hi

I opted to bypass the USB connection (just to rule out that as a factor), changed the jumper on the board, sliced the file using 'Slice3r' and saved it as "auto0.g" to the microSD card.... and have inserted that directly to the AzteegX3 board. I received a little bit of activity from the printer... the print assembly moved a hair then stopped. It didn't lay down any PLA. Also, I could only format my micro sd card as Fat32... is that okay?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:05:12 PM by Jeffster »

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 01:11:41 AM »
Do your manual controls work? Did you follow the instructions on http://bukobot.com/flight-check to test the machine before trying to print?

Jeffster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 04:11:56 AM »
Thank you for your follow up.... I was told by Diego that the newer version of Repetier has a new default setting that has caused problems. After changing the new default setting back to the former, the printer began working. :-)

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines