Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Warped print bead?  (Read 183 times)

The Flying Bean

• View Profile
Warped print bead?
« on: January 21, 2014, 03:04:32 AM »
Hello and thank you for taking time to read my post.
 I am just setting up my bukobot v1 duo and I am running into some problems when trying to level the print bed. When I level the left side of the bed and then the right, If I move the print head back to the left the print head wants to come in contact with the bed, but only in the center. The left and right sides are the correct distance from the extruder head but the middle is to close. Could this be because the print bed is warped? Im not sure if it can warp but that's what im thinking.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
Re: Warped print bead?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:30:20 PM »
The glass is there because it's supposed to be flat, but there is a slight possibility of a warped piece. You should also make sure that the problem isn't that your X rods are bent (causing the carriage to dip). To check this, remove the X rods, turn them 180 degrees (so what is now the top side becomes the bottom), and re-insert them. If the nozzle is now higher in the center than on the sides, the problem is the rods and not the glass.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines