Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Broken Parallel Z-axis stepper motor plug on Azteeg x3  (Read 193 times)

NeoModulus

• View Profile
Broken Parallel Z-axis stepper motor plug on Azteeg x3
« on: November 26, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »
Hey guys,

The second Z-axis stepper motor plug on the Azteeg X3 board is broken off, although I can see where it should go.  Its seems ok, and ready to be re-attached, but I wanted to ask advice to see if you guys had anything special I should do.  I haven't done much soldering especially on little pins 2-3mm apart from each other.  I am planning on gluing the stepper motor plug into its correct position then soldering the connections with small beads of solder.

A couple of questions:
1. will the heat from soldering process mess up the electronics?
2. Are there any specialized tools/procedures to do this, or is it just what it looks like...carefully connect the plug to the correct pins.  I have a desoldering tool, although I don't know how to use it (yet).

I'll probably try to fix this sometime in the next few days.  I'll go ahead and post a picture of what I'm talking about so it makes sense:

Thanks ahead of time.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
Re: Broken Parallel Z-axis stepper motor plug on Azteeg x3
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »
Glue it in place and then solder the connections together. That's how we do it. The parts are designed to withstand the heat of soldering, just obviously try not to touch the plastic that holds the header pins together with your soldering iron directly.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines