Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Repetier Server on the Raspberry Pi  (Read 1614 times)

cecilden

• View Profile
Repetier Server on the Raspberry Pi
« on: November 25, 2013, 07:58:22 PM »
I have installed the Repetier Server on my Raspberry Pi.  Following installation instructions, I have it running and when I plug in the USB cable to the powered hub, the indicator automatically detects the Bukobot printer with a AZTEEGX3 controller, changing the offline indicator to online.  I have been able to upload gcode to the server and start the printing, but nothing happens.  When I use the control section, I am unable to move the x, y, or z axes or get them to go to the home position.  If I unplug the USB and plug it into my laptop, the printer works perfectly.  I have matched the /var/lib/Repetier-Server/configs/mendel.cfg features to those on the Repetier-Host on my laptop for the items listed.  Still I can not get the server to work.

Does anyone have this working?  Do you have any suggestions?
Cecil Denney

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Repetier Server on the Raspberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »
How odd.

What happens if you do a swap?  (Running Pronterface on the Pi instead)
Bukobot Duo v1

cecilden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »
Relatively new to 3D printing, so I have never tried Pronterface in any environment.  That will take a bit of research on my part, but I am up for it.  The server idea is just so attractive a concept.  will get back with an answer after I try Pronterface.
cecilden@gmail.com

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 04:21:49 AM »
http://bukobot.com/raspberry-pi has everything you need to know about installing and running Pronterface on the Pi.  You should have it up and running in minutes.

Bukobot Duo v1

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:26:04 PM »
BTW, we recommend using Octoprint rather than Repetier Server for running a Bukobot from a Pi with a web interface. You can download Octoprint (or even Octopi, which is a Raspbian Wheezy distribution SD card image with Octoprint pre-installed) from http://octoprint.org/download/.

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 01:57:19 AM »
It should be mentioned that any kind of network-based host software is inherently more complex than the old-fashioned application that uses a machine's locally attached keyboard, mouse and screen.  There are more things to get set up properly before the network version will work.

So it's probably a good idea to do your first testing of your Bukobot not going through a network.  Once you have succeeded in printing something locally, then you can think about adding another layer of complexity (the network).

And if you get it working through the network, and later it stops working, drop back to the non-networked application to see if that works, to see if the problem is in the host software or the network, or in the Bukobot itself.  Swap things in and out.
Bukobot Duo v1

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines