Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Possible typo on wiki settings page  (Read 421 times)

jonyo3d

• View Profile
Possible typo on wiki settings page
« on: April 14, 2014, 05:26:53 PM »
On this wiki page:

http://bukobot.com/host-slicing-settings

It says this:

Extruder Retract Speed: 25mm/minute or less (20mm recommended)

I'm thinking that is supposed to be 25mm/SECOND?  otherwise that translates to...  well really really slow when I set the settings in Cura!

On that note, someone that is familiar with Bukobot 8 v2, specifically the Duo, mind reading over that page and see if any of the other settings need to be updated?  Now that I'm using Cura I can't just use the pre-saved profile stuff for Slicer that is available for download on the site, so having to enter all the settings by hand.

Also on that note, how does one get access to edit the wiki?  I've seen "outside" edits, at least I remember seeing something somewhere, but don't see a way to register or anything like that.  For instance, I was thinking of adding a "Cura settings" specific section for those that want to dive into using Cura as I have.

Thanks in advance!!!  :)

Hippo

• View Profile
Re: Possible typo on wiki settings page
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:02:29 PM »
I don't know how to get into editing the wiki, but I second your idea. I use Cura a lot (it's just so fast!), so I'd love a place learn and share settings.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:07:12 PM »
Fixed, thanks.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:13:57 PM »
I have been working a lot with Cura recently as well, and I'm planning to release official Cura profiles for the Bukobot and Bukito in the near future.

We originally had open access to the wiki, but the volume of spam attempts was overwhelming and we had to lock it down. As is explained on the front page (now kind of hidden between things): If you would like to register to contribute to these pages, you will now need to email us at wiki[at]bukobot.com with a USERNAME, Your Real Name and Email. You will then get a return email with a random password to login. Sorry to have to do this, but we've had many spam bots and will keep this until we figure out a better solution. Thanks.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines