Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Connected but idle  (Read 1005 times)

Jim Blackwood

• View Profile
Re: Connected but idle
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 05:49:09 PM »
A little news, We ran a test before aligning the machine and were nonetheless able to get something that looked a bit like success out of it. Everything is aligned now, incidentally I had to run the z-stop adjuster screw in very far and it cracked the left hand printed housing. Seems OK for now but may need to be glued up later. The screw was very tight all the way in and I do not have that size metric tap to cut the threads. You might want to look at that. On closer inspection the screw is bottomed out on the guide rod so a shorter screw might be better, or maybe I have the wrong screw in that location. At any rate it was so darned tight I couldn't tell it was hitting anything.

So I have the plate covered with the Kapton tape and I'm still getting used to the different materials. Seems the white ABS that came with the machine doesn't want to stick to the Kapton too well so we tried the yellow. The tag fell off so I don't know what that material is but it seemed to stick considerably better. I will have to find out what that is. I'm guessing the ABS works better with the blue masking tape?

Also I was having some issues with the system glitching out and freezing up, so I've got the old Toshiba Satellite laptop (A55-S1063 1.5 Ghz 496 Mb RAM) connected with a remote monitor but ran into an error when loading the USB driver: "dp-chooser.exe - Entry Point Not Found / The proceedure entry point EncodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll "

Because of the apparent driver issue with the attached display screen (works fine up to and including the first Windows splash screen) I think I will reload the OS before going any further, but I do not really expect that to fix this error so if anyone knows what that is all about it will probably save me a lot of searching later.

So far so good. I do have the blue light on the azteeg and no touchpad conflict but haven't loaded the rest of the software yet and the touchpad issue with the Dell only came up after hitting the "Connect" button. So we'll see.

Jim

Jim Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 07:54:39 PM »
Error message is resolved, I installed XP SP3 and that took care of it. USB virtual com port pcakage installed successfully. Onward.

Jim

Jim Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 08:26:18 PM »
Installed Repetier successfully but it would not start. Error message : "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." I guess it's a pretty common error, any clues on how to fix it for Repetier?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 09:37:12 PM »
May have to punt on this one. I installed SP3 and .Net whatever the heck it was and Repetier still gets an error message, something about an IO file not found. A shame really, the laptop seems pretty stable and the configuration with the remote monitor works particularly well with a usb mouse. It would be nice to have a dedicated PC but I don't know what to do to get repetier to run on this machine. Running out of play money so I'm not sure a raspberry is the answer.

Jim

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 07:05:38 PM »
The ABS should stick to hot kapton (110-120C), but only if it's clean. Your fingerprint oils will keep it from sticking well. Acetone is the best thing for cleaning it, but isopropanol will work too. The blue tape thing is for PLA, which is what the yellow stuff is. You can run PLA on a room-temperature platform with blue tape, or a kapton platform at about 60C.

Sorry I can't be any help with your windows problems.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines