Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Repetier 90...Latest Version  (Read 614 times)

Steps2light

• View Profile
Repetier 90...Latest Version
« on: July 25, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »
So I attempted to download this and got "Abort, Ignore, & Cancel" option. So I cancelled.

Previously I have had trouble with the Printer stopping randomly mid-print. That was solved with a Double Ferret USB cord. Until I attempted the Latest Repetier 90 download. Now it is back to randomly stopping mid-print.

I have just now successfully downloaded 90 without the "abort, ignore, cancel" option. I have not yet plugged it in to see if this stops the mid-print stop.

But something I see that is different in the Printer Settings is "Reset on Connect". Is this solving the random mid-print stoppage by resetting the program where it has been interrupted? or keeps it from being interrupted?

Steps2light

• View Profile
Re: Repetier 90...Latest Version
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 12:14:27 AM »
So I tested my Repetier 90 download and I am going to assume it is not Repetier. It is doing the exact same thing as before, stopping 2 minutes into a print. So I did get the double Ferret USB cord and that fixed it. I have not changed or moved a cord after about 30 prints, some where 10+ hours long. Now I can't even get the first layer printed.

Do USB cords go bad easily? I am going to buy another one to see.

Any other variables that may cause this situation?

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 12:44:42 AM »
I'm not understanding what issue you are having. You are getting an an "Abort, Ignore, & Cancel" message when you try to download Repetier Host? What OS are you on? What browser are you trying to use to download it? Does the message say anything else?

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 07:59:34 PM »
As far as I think I have now downloaded Repetier correctly and I am not getting the error message.

The issue is midprint stoppage again...which at first I thought was the latest version of Repetier but now it may be the issue I had earlier of stopping mid-print.

I had gotten the new USB cord with double ferrite which was working great. Then I downloaded Repetier and then shortly after I haven't been able to have a full print. I had not changed my set up or moved any cords and now things won't print.

So I was going to buy another cord from a different company. Was also thinking of just getting another ferrite to add to the USB cord that came with the Bukobot kit...do you think this is a good option?

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »
There are not very many options for double ferrited USB cords.

Does adding a ferrite like this one OK?
http://www.amazon.com/Gino-Movable-Inner-Diameter-Ferrite/dp/B007Q94DBK/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_y

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines