Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Extrusion working, temp not  (Read 705 times)

Qtechknow

• View Profile
Extrusion working, temp not
« on: July 24, 2013, 06:58:34 PM »
Hi All,

I have just put together my Bukobot Vanilla 8 (v2), and have Repetier host on my mac.  I've put in all of the settings for Slic3r, and have already sliced the .stl to make the gcode for the bukobot.  The only thing is, when I press "Heat on" in the extruder settings in Repetier, it goes to between 203-209 and floats around.  Then, when I press run, it gives the ETA, but only occasionally extrudes about every 30 seconds, for a reheat, I believe.  Do you know why it is not running, or how to make the temperature stay the same?

Thanks!
Quin

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
Re: Extrusion working, temp not
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:58:40 PM »
You probably got a board with the PID settings for the old extruder. Try sending these codes via the manual gcode box above the jog controls:

M301 P8.29 I0.37 D45.91
M500

The first line will set the new PID settings, and the second will save them to EEPROM.

Qtechknow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:33:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply!  I didn't get it to work though.  Instead, it just says  < 4:32:58 PM: Error:No Checksum with line number, Last Line: 87.  Do you know what to do about this?

Thanks!
Quin

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:46:34 PM »
That's a communication error. Pressing the reset button or hitting the disconnect button in Repetier then reconnecting should fix it. If that doesn't work, disconnect the power and USB for a few seconds, then plug it back in.

Qtechknow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 12:01:52 AM »
Great!! I got it to use the new PID settings!!!  It still won't print, though (but it is saying heating extruder, and then the ETA).

Thanks!
Quin

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 12:21:16 AM »
How long are you waiting? It may go above and below the setpoint two or three times before leveling-off, and the printer will wait until the temperature has been level for 10 seconds before starting. Turn on the ACK option on the console to see its progress. When it reaches temperature, it should start adding "W:10" etc. to the end of the lines, and it will start when it finishes counting down to zero.

Qtechknow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 04:59:01 AM »
Hmm...  It's going between 204/205/206, but never getting to the W:10 on the ACK setting.  It hasn't started the print, and I've had it on and the extruder heated for about 20 minutes.  Should it be that precise (205.00 exactly)?

Thanks,
Quin
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:46:56 PM by Qtechknow »

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 07:34:45 PM »
Can you post a screenshot with the temperature monitor up so that I can see if there's any indication of why it's not starting that you may be missing? If you post the first ~40 lines of the gcode, I'll look over that and see if there's anything that might be holding it up.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines