Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Bukobot Vanilla 8, V2 Assembly  (Read 6008 times)

TommyFive

• View Profile
Bukobot Vanilla 8, V2 Assembly
« on: July 14, 2013, 04:24:23 PM »
I just got my kit in yesterday, and it seems as though a LOT of the components have changed.  There are very few parts that look familiar compared to the Deezmaker build instructions or the Jit build.

Has anyone assembled the new version yet?  Can anyone at Deezmaker provide images of the new Bukobot design fully assembled, so that myself and others can at least figure things out on our own?

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
Re: Bukobot Vanilla 8, V2 Assembly
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »
We're in the process of shooting an assembly video for the new version. We're hoping to finish shooting today, then some editing will be necessary, but we'll get it posted ASAP.

James005

• View Profile
    • Design work
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 05:33:39 PM »
Will the V2 parts be uploaded? Thanks

-James-

jwock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 05:12:54 AM »
We just finished building our v2 and made first prints today - it was sooooo freakin' cool and incredibly gratifying. 

Ignore the online instructions, even the "frame" section has the y bar upside down.  Jit's build is worthwhile reading for the build strategies and general ideas even if the hardware's almost entirely different.  Diego sent a really useful link to a 3d rendering here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjIdeUQKvk4

that's what we used to build most of it.  Have also attached a few pics. 

A couple notes off the top of my pointy head...

1. don't mount the z axis stop on the outside of the z axis bar (on left/motor/Azteeg side), you'll never be able to adjust it again after the threaded rods are in place.
2. make sure you slide the nuts to mount the power supply onto the base and y bars before covering them - you won't mount the ps until the end but you don't want to have to slide stuff off at that point (we did)

TommyFive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 12:39:36 PM »
Since this post was made, that same video and a few real pictures were posted of the Bukobot V2 on the wiki.  Before completing assembly, I'd like to be able to review real instructions or at least more photos of the extruder/nozzle assembly and their attachment to the carriage (since it's a new design).

I completely understand that you guys are still trying to get the remaining Kickstarter/pre-order orders out, but having a ballpark for when instructions on the model will be available would be nice.  Is it late this week, or next?  Will it be another month before you can get good instructions up on the wiki?

Coco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 04:36:13 AM »
Hi!

I am about half way through the Bukobot Vanilla 8 v2 and am having a lot of fun building it, but I can't seem to find the Y Carriage part. I am wondering if the design has shifted and the kit can be built without it. However, it is listed on the checklist that came with the kit "unchecked". If it is still part of the design, please let me know.

Thanks!

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 08:53:56 PM »
Coco, there should be a piece that looks like this in your kit (it comes with brown paper over it): http://bukobot.com/_media/img_4538.jpg

If you don't have this piece, send me an email at rich@deezmaker.com with your shipping info so we can get it out to you ASAP.

ccox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 03:22:23 AM »
Hmm, yeah, there are enough differences from the V1 that it isn't easy to get the assembly right from just the photos.

Notably: the number of things that go into the X axis slots has increased, so you need to get them inserted in the right order before you attach the Y axis and block the ends.  And the Y axis platform doesn't have a lot of detail in the photos or renderings (plus clear plastic doesn't always show so well :-), so I'm unsure how to assemble it at this time.

Even if you can't get the full video edited quickly, some additional subassembly photos (and suggested order of assembly) would help.

I'm trying to document my build, and will try to add some bits and pieces to the wiki soon (and will probably need corrections from someone who has put the whole thing together).

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 12:40:02 AM »
Are you looking at the instructions here? http://bukobot.com/bukobot-assembly-documentation

We're still updating it, but there's enough there to get you started.

ccox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 03:53:21 AM »
Yep, been following that.

And I notice you updated some of it since my post - thank you.  And that got me quite a bit farther tonight....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:24:27 AM by ccox »

Coco

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 06:24:06 PM »
Thanks! Turns out I didn't have the piece so I stopped by your storefront to get one. I am done with the build and am setting up my software now, then on to flight check. By the way, the updated instructions look awesome!

Bri-O

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 03:32:06 PM »
I have a question about the cable tensioner assembly for the Y carriage.
http://bukobot.com/_media/img_4538.jpg

When I slide the Y adjuster mount through the carriage (As in the picture below) and line up the Y adjuster half circle the holes do not line up. The Y adjuster is about 1-2 mm closer to the y carriage. I've cleaned up the Y adjuster part so I don't think its from any print blobs.

Also when I put the M3 button head in the Y adjuster the hole the head is to large to allow the screw to go straight through the hole.

If I use one of the M2.5 socket heads everything fits (though not perfectly).

I left the paper on during the test fitting pics include but I've taken it off now. What am I doing wrong? Am I using the wrong screw? Is my Y carriage to thick?

ccox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 05:02:30 AM »
I was just about to post with some of the same questions.

I don't have a centering problem on the belt tensioner, but I'm not sure which screw is supposed to be used for tensioning -- the long, large head one (M3x30mm) definitely does not fit because the head hits the platform and pushes it at an angle, and the short (M3x16mm) isn't any better.  It almost looks almost like the Y stop adjustor is a few mm too short.

Then the pictures aren't clear on how to attach the wood platform to the acrylic y plate. It looks like it aligns over the previous assembly, then uses the 4xM2.5 socket head screws beside each bearing (and must be done after zip-tying the acrylic to the bearings).

Herb

• View Profile
    • Herb Weiner
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »
Looking at the assembly photo #2 Z Axis, is the power supply to the rear of the photo? In other words, do the Z axis motor wires exit toward the power supply, or away from the power supply?

This is important because it also determines which way the end stop holder face, and it determines which side the 5mm spacer goes on.

I assume that the Z axis motor wires and the end stop holders face the same way on both sides of the printer.

Since there is only one 5mm spacer, but the screws on both sides are the same length, what happens on the other side? Without the spacer, the screw appears to be too long.
Bukobot Duo v2

ccox

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 12:17:38 AM »
As far as I can tell, the motor cables appear to both exit to the back (toward the electronics, away from the power supply).

The stop holders go different directions -- look at the Z axis sliders/X axis brackets:  they have the screw hole for the stop screw on the same relative side, so once mounted (facing one another) the stops end up on different sides.  The close up pictures of the assembled unit show that pretty well.

The electronics mounting plate acts as the other spacer (again, see the photos).

And if you can't see the detail on the photos, take a look at the 3D rendered views and animation.  Don't forget that you can open the photos by themselves and zoom in a bit.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines