Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: High Pitch sound from Z axis motors  (Read 1166 times)

Steps2light

• View Profile
High Pitch sound from Z axis motors
« on: April 21, 2013, 06:26:41 PM »
So I got a new board...uploaded the new firmware...able to connect with Repetier Host with no errors.

On manual control I am able to move the X axis (However seems to move way more than 1mm...and very quickly)....I am able to get a few Y axis movements...However the Z axis does not move at all and has a high pitch squeal and then seems to continually pulse...then I am unable to move in any direction after using the Z axis.

No other "errors" appear....just "Commands Waiting" in the Manual control.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
Re: High Pitch sound from Z axis motors
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 12:19:44 AM »
Did you use the right driver settings for the new board? If you just got the board, it probably has DRV8825-based stepper drivers, which double the resolution of the previous drivers, but need a different steps/mm setting because of this.

Try sending the following code before trying to jog the axes. If that fixes it, you'll know that that's the problem:

M92 X111.98 Y111.98 Z6400 E630

Note: the extruder driver(s) should be configured for 1/8 step by removing the MS3 jumper.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:23:26 AM »
Do I put that code in the "Manual Control" section in Repetier Host and paste into "G-code"?....and then try the Manual Controls?

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:32:33 PM »
Yes. Right above the jog controls, there is a box that will let you send a custom line of gcode to the machine.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:00:19 PM »
i pasted the code in and the same thing happened....it goes X and Y put when I move the Z there is no movement just a squeal. Then nothing moves. "Commands Waiting......"

Where does one Configure this?

Note: the extruder driver(s) should be configured for 1/8 step by removing the MS3 jumper.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 11:57:48 PM »
The jumpers are for each driver board are underneath it. It sounds like you have the old drivers. Are your stepper driver boards blue or black?

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 11:18:55 PM »
Yes the drivers are from the old board which I moved to the new X1 board...which are black...(a driver is the 8 pronged device...or which there are 4 of them?)

What is the MS3 Jumper?

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 07:19:28 PM »
Ah, then you want M92 X55.99 Y55.99 Z3200 E1260, and you should have all of the spaces for jumpers under the stepper drivers full.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 09:38:27 PM »
ok the jumpers are the little black things under the steppers (I had no idea those were removable...nor did I know the steppers were so easy to remove by hand and no tools).

So I have transferred the old Jumpers and Steppers to the new board....I have now printed some parts...YEah!

Does that new code you gave account for the extruding motor? The wheel is making a clicking sound which is making filament dust...as though the motor is pushing too much filament into the extruder....and the clicking sound is the filament being grinded by the wheel teeth.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 07:14:54 PM »
It does. Maybe you're missing one of the jumpers?

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 09:38:17 PM »
ok...so far haven't seen any new plastic dust with the new code...thanks.

Now just need to figure out why the parts keeps stopping in the middle of being made...related issue or is this something else?

Tyson

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »

veejaybee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 07:40:20 AM »
I had a similar problem initially where my parts were terminating before completion.......Turned out that when my new computer screensaver went off, the power saving mode that was set kicked in and disabled the USB port ......Doh!   Needless to say, I disabled all my powersaving features so that multi-hour prints can go to completion.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines