Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Uploading Firmware to New X1 Board  (Read 1514 times)

Steps2light

• View Profile
Re: Uploading Firmware to New X1 Board
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2013, 11:38:20 PM »
I have the fan connected to the power source....per my picture there are 2 sets of wires there....the Power Source and Fan wires.

I get 27 Ohms on the R x 10 setting...on the E0

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 12:16:31 AM »
What does this mean "comment out the line "#define DRV8825" in configuration.h." ?

Where do i put that in? Aruduino App?  Repetier Commands?

When you upload the firmware from the Arduino App, there's a list of files, and one of them is configuration.h. I put the only settings you'll want to mess with in the first few lines. One of them is "#define DRV8825", and you want to comment that out to disable it by putting "//" in front of it.

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 02:18:50 AM »
Something is wrong here.  Better disconnect the wires from E0 and then measure those wires again.

On mine it measures thousands of ohms.
Bukobot Duo v1

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 05:45:39 AM »
I did this and copy pasted it here...

so in Notepad on Configuration.h i added "//"..."//#define DUO//#define DRV8825"

#ifndef CONFIGURATION_H#define CONFIGURATION_H//#define DUO//#define DRV8825
//#define DIRECT_DRIVE_EXTRUDER

I saved it

Then went to Verify...and got Error Message.

"Error Compiling"
core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main'"
C: Program
Files/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/main.cpp:5:
undifined reference to "setup'
C: Program
Files/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/main.cpp:15:
undfined reference to 'loop'

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »
You lost your line endings somewhere. Each of those should be a separate line, like this:

#ifndef CONFIGURATION_H
#define CONFIGURATION_H

//#define DUO
//#define DRV8825
//#define DIRECT_DRIVE_EXTRUDER

That may or may not be the cause of the compiling error, but you'll have to fix that and try again. Probably best to download a fresh copy, as it likely broke other parts of the file too.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2013, 05:03:21 AM »
Still have no change.

Not sure if I am getting to file CONFIGURATION_H Correctly. What is the proper way to get there?

They only way I can get there is to Search for it on my computer and then press EDIT. Which I am not sure, when I recently downloaded if I reset it.

Through the Arduino App I cannot Edit Configuration_H. Are you supposed to? Perhaps I am not editing things in the correct area?"

I am finding 2 Sources for Configuration_H. One inside the Arduino App that does not give me the option to edit "//". The 2nd one I find is the one I search for in the SEARCH on my computer....where I did do the "//" edit and this gave me the error. Before this I uploaded the software no problem.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2013, 07:38:46 PM »
ok...I had some in person help on the Configuration.H and I think I am good. That was a little more involved than I thought. Learned about Sublime...a little easier to read than Arduino App.

Got the Z to move manually. I think now my wiring of the Drivers may not be right or connected properly. X and Y don't move at all That will be next for me.
Still not certain on which Color wire fits where? Finding too many ways on how the wires are supposed to be installed. Because I have the screw in to the board wires.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2013, 06:54:35 AM »
ok i swapped out each motor and it seems physical motors all work. Moved the boards around as well. The only consistent movement is from the Z motor connection. When all motors were swapped through the Z connection they all worked.

I think somewhere the software is not inline. When I did get a motor to move manually...instead of 1mm it went an inch.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2013, 06:54:28 AM »
SO I turned off "//" the DRV8825 Driver in Configuration.H   ...and I have SD82A. So do I need to turn on SD82A?

SHould I just buy 4 DRV8825 Drivers instead?

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »
The settings for the SD82A are default. Turning off DRV8825 activates those settings.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2014, 02:21:38 AM »
I still have this problem.

When I did get a motor to move manually...instead of 1mm it went an inch.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2014, 08:41:37 PM »
The Z axis has a much higher steps/mm setting than the others, so if you were trying to move the X motor while it was connected to the X axis, you should expect it to move much farther than you told it to move.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2014, 05:34:49 AM »
I abandoned the X3...I could not trouble shoot how to hook it up.

I then got the Brainwave Board...because a local person created it...I thought they could help hook it up to the Bukobot...after 10 hours they could not.

So the X1 went on sale so I got it again. I hooked it up a year ago but I am not able to get it into the <Tools, <Board, menu in Marlin.

Previously whosawhatsis said this to Install the X1...

"You need to install the Sanguino support files included with Marlin.

Make sure you have the current version from here: https://github.com/whosawhatsis/Marlin/archive/Bukobot_config.zip

Go to the ArduinoAddons->Arduino_1.x.x folder, and copy the sanguino folder to the hardware folder inside your arduino sketchbook folder (you may need to create the hardware folder if it doesn't already exist). " 

(I think i have tried this 10 different ways...I am not doing something right...and I don't get it)
There is SKETCH and SKETCHBOOK and ADD FILE...if I could have a clear path that would be great.

Is it possible for someone to breakdown step by step how to do this? I am a designer not a coder or file extracting Arduino expert...so if anyone can help that would be great! An updated step by step method of how to load firmware to the x1 board would be greatly appreciated.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2014, 08:10:36 PM »
It sounds like you're looking at the Arduino IDE's interface. You have to actually open the folder where Arduino stores its sketches using your computer's normal file browser (Finder on a Mac, I think the one on Windows is called Windows Explorer). In your documents folder, there should be a folder called "Arduino". That is where you need to put the hardware folder.

You really had Matthew Wilson helping you try to hook up a brainwave to 10 hours and still failed? I would be very interested to know what type of problems you two were having, as the Bukobot should not be any more difficult to connect to a controller board than any other printer.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »
ok...thanks I will try that out later...

Matthew Wilson was there, however not chief helper, I had 2 others that worked there help me....we got it to about 85% done.

The trouble was that we had to manually plug in the numbers specific to the Bukobot in the Arduino Coding. So we got some but not others. Seems the brainwave does not have the calibrating codes to just plug into a Bukobot. (and I am not really sure i am getting all this terminology straight).

When I last plugged in my X1 a year ago...it just went, no Arduino coding finessing....not so with the Brainwave.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines