Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Uploading Firmware to New X1 Board  (Read 4094 times)

Steps2light

• View Profile
Re: Uploading Firmware to New X1 Board
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 04:47:07 AM »
ok...Im back on this.

So far I have the fan hooked up to the power supply...and its working.

Hot Plate and Extruder are working.

X and Y motors are not making a sound. They won't move manually or go to home.

Z only moves to home position...it won't move manually.

Rich....I tried your previous suggestion of taking 1 of the 3 steppers out...no movement in X and Y motors and the Z motor when moving to home did a high pitch squeal instead of moving.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 05:07:16 AM »
Previously I used Port 4  for the X1, now I have to use Port 6....does this matter?

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »
That high pitched squeal most likely means you forgot the microstepping selection jumpers.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 07:02:51 PM »
What is a "microstepping selection jumper"? Is that the 2x8 pin replaceable bridge? I have 4 and they are in....except for the 5th which goes to the 2nd Extruder.

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »
The "microstepping selection jumpers" are the little black things that plug in under the driver boards.  There are pictures earlier in this thread;  see http://forum.bukobot.com/index.php?topic=2822.msg4598#msg4598 and the post following that.  (The "driver boards" are the four or five removeable boards that each have two rows of eight pins.)

If you didn't get your Azteeg from Deezmaker, then it might not come with those jumpers in the correct places for your Bukobot.  Deezmaker ships Azteegs with the jumpers already set up properly.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:00:55 PM by jit »
Bukobot Duo v1

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 11:59:39 PM »
I have put all 3 Microsteppers in and I have done the version with the above pic with 2 microsteppers. All 4 of the boards are installed from my original X1.

Is there an issue of using X1 boards on the X3?

So with the 3 microsteppers the only motor movement is Z Home. With 2 microsteppers...no movement and screeching.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 07:05:35 AM »
Still no progress yet.

Does this make any sense in the bottom messages of Repetier.

Error 0
: Extruder Switched Off. MinTemp Triggered
Error : Printer Stopped due to Errors. Fix the Error and use M999 to restart!

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 07:22:54 AM »
Does Deezmaker got an X1 I can trade for an X3? We'll call it an even swap?

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 08:40:23 PM »
I'm not convinced that swapping Azteegs will solve this problem.  There seem to be other things going on.

Look at what's printed on top of your four driver boards.  Look for the label for the board type (see the attached picture).  It might say "SD82A", or "SD8825" or something similar to that, or perhaps something else.  How are yours labelled?

Also:  Power down your Azteeg, then pull the E0 connector up far enough to insert ohmmeter probes under it and measure the resistance between those two gold posts.  What is that resistance?

Bukobot Duo v1

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 01:39:43 AM »
I have the SD82A.

Are you pointing to the gold posts on either side of the "s" and "a" of SD82A? I get 6 Ohms. At the power source I get 18 ohms.

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 03:01:42 AM »
I was referring to the gold posts in the position marked "E0" on the edge of the Azteeg board itself.  The pair of wires from your extruder thermistor should be plugged in there.

See attached image.  The purple arrow at the bottom edge of the image points to where the E0 connector plugs into the board.  Pull this connector up about 2mm, without disconnecting it.  With the Azteeg controller powered down, reach under the connector with the ohmmeter probes and measure the resistance between the two gold posts.  This is the easiest way to measure the resistance of the device that is connected there (which should be your extruder thermistor).

If this resistance really does measure 18 ohms, then you probably have something other than your thermistor plugged in there.  This would explain why you get an error message when you run the printer.

If you have the wrong thing plugged in there, then swapping to a different Azteeg controller will not help you!  You have to get the wiring correct.

------------------

This is a different issue:

If all four of your driver boards are labelled "SD82A", then I think you need to have all three microstepper selection jumpers installed under each driver board.  Whosawhatsis should confirm that this is correct for your configuration, and that you are using the correct firmware for that configuration.
Bukobot Duo v1

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 07:40:02 PM »
If you have the SD82A drivers, you should have all of the jumpers populated and you need to comment out the line "#define DRV8825" in configuration.h.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2013, 10:30:16 PM »
Attached is my X3 if that helps anything.

I am not able to lift the E0 up enough to get my multimeter probes in there...(that is close to how i got in trouble in the first place).

So I measured the pins underneath the board and got 40ohms, I then switched the multimeter probes and got 70ohms.

The E0 Is hooked up to the Extruder.

Steps2light

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »
What does this mean "comment out the line "#define DRV8825" in configuration.h." ?

Where do i put that in? Aruduino App?  Repetier Commands?

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2013, 11:42:58 PM »
Ahhh.  I see.  You have a different version of the X3, the one with screw terminals.  For that one, you can measure the resistance by touching the multimeter probes against the tops of the corresponding screw terminals (where the screwdriver fits).

Are you sure you are measuring ohms, and not kilo-ohms?  In any case, those numbers still look wrong to me.

Verifying that the E0 terminals are connected to the extruder is not enough;  there are multiple things on the extruder that have wires coming out!  Hopefully you don't have the fan wires connected there...

Does the fan on the extruder turn on when the Azteeg is powered up with 12 volts?
Bukobot Duo v1

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines