Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Dumb Question(s)  (Read 1254 times)

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb Question(s)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »
Did you do the flight check?

http://bukobot.com/flight-check

See "leveling the platform", and the section before that.

If you set the level earlier and then added tape later, you need to check it again.
Bukobot Duo v1

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 05:58:38 PM »
yeah I leveled after I put tape on.  Its def level.  do I smidge the z-stop up a bit or Is there a way in Repetier Host to set the home slightly above where it is right now?  I've tried to do the latter but I must be doing something wrong.  Usually, the second layer lays down PLA perfectly almost like I want it for the first height.  I've set the first layer height to be 0.35.  It wont let me exceed that bc I get an error in Slicr when I do.

PhracturedBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 07:03:55 PM »
I generally move the z-switch up a little via the fine-adjust screw.
Personally i find that I need more than a single paper's width between the bed and the extruder to print well.
You can also add a little z-offset at the top of the g-code I suppose.  I think you'd do that in the slice3r options by adding a z-offset in the 'Custom G-code' section of the slic3r settings as well).  I prefer to just adjust the z-position until I get a good 1st layer though.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 08:27:02 PM »
Adjust your Z endstop.

buildrob

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 09:27:50 PM »
So I've been printing and seems to be working fine  - except one thing which I'm sure I've done something wrong.  The first layer is more of an imprint pressed into the blue tape than a trail of actual PLA.  Clearly I have something set too low or close to the the bed.  Can't quite figure out what to change to make it a smidge higher.  Rookie mistake.  any suggestions?

You do expect that the first layer is "smooshed" into the the blue tape or glass a bit. This helps with adhesion to the surface. In the Slic3r profiles Deezmaker have set the first layer to use an extrusion width of 140%

kazektulu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 07:20:40 PM »
The Z-adjust is the little piece off on the right side that has the stop switch for how far the rods come down. The thumbscrew on it is for adjusting that small amount up or down to adjust for Z-home location, what is '0' or start when it goes to home. I find myself adjusting it everytime I move anything.

There is also the front of the bed's thumbscrews are the same kind of adjustments for leveling the bed out, when it is un-even. There are a few bed leveling calibration prints on thingiverse to play with getting it just right.

Tyson

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 08:32:53 AM »
It can take some time and iterations to make the bed level.

Remember it is level with the tip of the extruder nozzle that is the goal, not level with the world.

I was leveling the bed all the time, and setting the z-axis endstop (fine control)  all the time.  Now that I have more experience, and have it set pretty well, I just check that the glass is flat against the heater board and print.  It has been very stable now.  I do remember working very hard to get the first layer height to work well in the beginning.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 12:31:13 AM »
The correct term is "tram", not "level". Tram means that the platform is parallel to the machine's X/Y plane, and I often lift up a printer and turn it sideways while it continues to print without issue to demonstrate the difference. I discourage the use of the word "level" for this reason, and every time I see someone pull out a spirit level to work on their printer, I die a little inside.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines