Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: corner peel  (Read 626 times)

3ddavo

• View Profile
corner peel
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:12:07 AM »
Getting very nice prints into my third week.  But can't figure out why I am getting a corner peel on some prints.  It is consistent on the front right corners.  I have attached picture.  Any ideas on how to avoid this?
Thank you,
David

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: corner peel
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:14:55 PM »
Found some good pointers here:

http://www.printrbottalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9408&sid=64f51590cd6b0c1e4416c67581dd610e

(Is that ABS you're printing?  If so, you might overheat the top end of your hot end by insulating in that way...)

Bukobot Duo v1

3ddavo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 01:21:14 AM »
Thank you that link has some great info.  I am using black PLA from ulitmachines extruder temp 200* bed temp 60*
Thanks for your help!  I will post my next print to see if I resolved the issue.

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 03:02:29 AM »
In case you want to try the 'clean bed with acetone' idea but don't have any lying around, try isopropyl alcohol instead.  I've been wiping it down with that for a while now and haven't had any peeling problems lately.  Or maybe it's because I'm printing with brim.  Try both.
Bukobot Duo v1

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 09:11:21 PM »
Isopropanol is a good substitute for acetone for cleaning the bed, particularly for PLA. If you start printing ABS, it will really help to keep some acetone around. You can also use it for post-print smoothing on ABS, and pre-dissolving some ABS in acetone makes the best thing for gluing ABS parts together (actually a solvent weld) and for preventing corner peeling.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines