Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 0.5mm nozzle  (Read 408 times)

PhracturedBlue

• View Profile
0.5mm nozzle
« on: December 06, 2012, 05:43:22 AM »
Since I have a Duo, I was wondering what options I have to put a 0.5mm nozzle on one of the extruders.  As I understand it, this would enable faster printing at the cost of less resolution, but with the default nozzle on the other extruder, I could use the fast nozzle for fill or prototyping, and the slow nozzle for finish work.

As I'm a complete newbie here, maybe I'm missing something though?

I assume the nozzle is an interchangeable part.  Is there some standard for nozzles in the reprap community?  If this is feasible, could someone point me at an alternative nozzle that would work with the bukobot extruder/hot-end?

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
Re: 0.5mm nozzle
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 07:50:15 AM »
The hot end on the Bukobot is derived from the budaschnozzle, but one of the key changes is the nozzle threading, which makes it incompatible with nozzles for the original. If you just want to go to a bigger nozzle bore, it shouldn't be too hard with a small lathe or possibly even some careful drill press work to drill one of the .35mm nozzles out to .5mm.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines