Bukobot 3D Printer Forum

News: Added the Bukobot Parts List (BOM) to Wiki at http://bukobot.com/bukobot-parts-list
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Jit's build instructions  (Read 3742 times)

Lightn

• View Profile
Re: Jit's build instructions
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 04:48:14 AM »
I also had problems getting the polyimide tape to lay down cleanly and was thinking about 220mm from protoparadigm.  Any one have any tips on getting the tape to lay down properly?  Any one tried the 220mm tape?

Lightn

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 04:57:53 AM »
Should I worry about a little wobble at the top of my threaded rods?  At worst one of them produces a virtual outside circle of about twice the diameter of the rod.  What could be done about that?  Is that likely a misalignment of the motor or a problem with the coupler?

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 05:02:23 AM »
I found this Kapton film that I am going to cut and try out, I could never get the strips of tape to line up straight and just glass is not doing to well.
http://www.amazon.com/Hyde-Kapton-Polyimide-Non-Adhesive-Amber/dp/B0032AM6FM/

Protoparadigm has a roll of 220mm wide Polyimide tape.  Much better bang for your buck, and you might not have to trim it at all!  (I can't promise the no-trimming - I haven't yet received my printer, only the filaments and other supplies so far).

I find that the 220mm polyimide is more trouble than its worth. Applying it without air bubbles is a PITA. Anything over ~50mm wide is impossible to apply without bubbles, especially when its so thin.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2012, 05:05:58 AM »
Should I worry about a little wobble at the top of my threaded rods?  At worst one of them produces a virtual outside circle of about twice the diameter of the rod.  What could be done about that?  Is that likely a misalignment of the motor or a problem with the coupler?
Don't try to get rid of that wobble! It's a good thing.

That wobble happens because the threaded rods aren't perfectly straight (none are), and the wobble at the end of the rod doesn't hurt anything. If you try to lock it down with a bearing, as many of the Prusa variants do, the two ends of the rod will be fixed and the wobble will be forced to the center of the rod, where it attached to the X axis. This will cause the layers to be misaligned, resulting in bad prints.

TommyFive

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »
I find that the 220mm polyimide is more trouble than its worth. Applying it without air bubbles is a PITA. Anything over ~50mm wide is impossible to apply without bubbles, especially when its so thin.

Good to know.  Do you think any sticker application fluid would be harmful to the heated bed?  It's typically very diluted dish detergent, and allows you to get all the bubbles out with a stiff card.  It's what I use at work for applying large vinyl stickers without bubbles, but I'm weary of using it on the Bukobot's heated bed.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »
No, that stuff's fine, I just haven't personally had a lot of luck with it.

tsta77

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2014, 04:07:49 PM »
Help! I just got my bukobot v1 and have no idea how to start. It is partially assembled yet, no wiring diagrams or instructions of any kind were enclosed. Can someone tell me where to start if there is a place? I am at line 0 with my knowledge. Thanks.

whosawhatsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Whosawhatsis on G+

jit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2014, 05:27:06 AM »
Help! I just got my bukobot v1 and have no idea how to start. It is partially assembled yet, no wiring diagrams or instructions of any kind were enclosed. Can someone tell me where to start if there is a place? I am at line 0 with my knowledge. Thanks.

Are you sure it's a v1 Bukobot?  Seems kinda late for people to be getting those...

I have a v1.  http://bukobot.com/jitsbuild shows how mine was assembled.  It works.
Bukobot Duo v1

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines